Review: Nature Republic The First Essence

08:33

Today I am here to review one of my holy grail fermented essence from Nature Republic which is The First Essence. The packaging itself is a sturdy glass bottle which contain 150ml of the essence. I have actually finished the whole bottle before I wrote this post and that is why the bottle on the below picture is actually empty. :P





I bought it when it is on offer from Always21 (sister brand of Nature Republic), where I must buy an Always21 product to get a 50% off on Nature Republic product. The original price of this The First Essence was around RM100++, which after 50% off I got it at the price of RM50. However, when I visited Nature Republic store again after a few months I have purchased this, the price tag has gone up to RM140++. I asked the promoter on that store (located in Times Square) about why the price has gone up so much and she answered it was because the price fluctuates in Korea so this batch was affected. I am not sure what is the price for now because it has been a really long time since I last visit any Nature Republic store. 

The reason I purchased this The First Essence was because the promoter told me that this is actually a dupe for SK-II First Treatment Essence as they contain the same ingredient (the fermented essence). But is it true? After searching online, the main ingredient in The First Essence is saccharomyces while the main ingredient in SK-II First Treatment Essence is galactomyces. Although both are actually different in ingredients, but I find The First Essence works the same (maybe a bit less effective in exact) as SK-II First Treatment Essence. I have used SK-II First Treatment Essence before and the smell... just cant bear it. Maybe The First Essence is a bit less effective as compare to First Treatment Essence, but considering that The First Essence does not have that smelly smell and the price is way more affordable than SK-II, The First Essence is considered as a very good product itself. 

The First Essence has a very watery texture, and it must be used with a cotton. This is because if you pour it on your hand, the fermented ingredients will be absorbed in your hand immediately and for what you apply on face afterwards are all useless. As I mentioned on the above, it doesnt stink. It rather has no smell at all. I did find a difference if I were to use this or when I dont. There was less whiteheads on my nose area and it enabled fast absorption for the skincare applied afterwards. 

However, as compare to some other fermented essence that I have used before, The First Essence does not provide moisture to the skin at all. It simply enhance the skincare effect that applied afterwards and reduce blemishes and whiteheads. If you are dry skin, please do not look forward that this product will provide moisture to your skin. 

Rating: 4.7/5
Repurchase? Yes, when it is on offer.

Cheers. <3





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram