Comparison Review: Skinfood vs Cathy Doll vs Maybelline

09:01

While organizing all my stuffs as I am going to move out from my current hostel, I came to realize I actually own three eyebrow powder palette from 3 different brands. So I think perhaps I should write a post about the comparison for all three of them together to let you all have a better view.

Without further ado, let's start the showdown.


These are the eyebrow powder palette that I owned. Starting from the left: Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake, Cathy Doll Triple Eyebrow Designing and Maybelline Fashion Brow 3D Brow and Nose Palette. All three of them comes in a very small size which is very travel-friendly. 


Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake:

This palette comes in two colors options which is #1 Gray Khaki Black or #2 Gray Brown. I have mine in #2 Gray Brown. About the palette, it containes two shades inside, a greyish brown and an orangy brown. Also, inside the compact, it contains a small angled brush and also a mirror with the size of the compact. The angled brush is very stiff, so it can grab a lot of the products but mean time it hurts the skin if you swipe it harsh. The tip of the brush is thick, it can barely draw a detail eyebrow. Basically, the brush is useless for me. 

About the texture of the powder, it is very smooth when swatch it on hand, almost similar to an eyeshadow. Sometimes I used it as eyeshadow as well as it is very well pigmented. However I dont find it useful as a nose shading powder as the darker shades is too dark, while the lighter shades is too orangy on skin. 

I bought this from Malaysia Skinfood official outlet. It costs me around RM24++, which I think is quite expensive for an eyebrow powder palette. However, the Korea retail price is definitely cheaper. Probably getting from online store would be better if you plan to get one. Overall it is a good eyebrow powder but I dont reach for powder as often due to the heaty weather and sweats. 

Pros:
1. Smooth texture
2. Can be used as eyeshadow as well

Cons:
1. Limited shades
2. Not suitable for nose shading
3. Brush is not useable


Cathy Doll Triple Eyebrow Designing:

This palette comes in three colors options which is #1 Blonde Brown, #2 Dark Brown and #3 Red Brown. I have mine in #2 Dark Brown. About the palette, it contains three shades, laying side by side as a gradient effect. The top is a deep dark brown, middle is a medium brown and bottom is almost beige. Inside the compact, it contains a dual ended brush with an angled brush and a smudge brush. The angled brush has a narrow tip which it provides precision when drawing the eyebrow. While the smudge brush is very soft. The brush is definitely useable. It also contains a mirror of the size of the compact. The design itself is very similar to Kate Designing Eyebrow. 

About the texture, it is very powdery, unlike skinfood choco eyebrow powder cake that appears as smooth as eyeshadow. The pigmentation is not there. If wanted to use as an eyeshadow, you will have to apply a few layers to make the colors shown. However, when used as a nose shading powder, it provides a subtle shadow, creating a natural shading effect. The colors are easy to mix and match thus it is suitable for both fair and tan skin.

I bought this from Guardian, cost around RM17++. Sometimes there is even a buy 2 free 1 offer within the Cathy Doll shelf. Considering that the palette contains three colors and a useable brush, I think the price is quite fair and reasonable.

Pros:
1. The brush is useable
2. Suitable for nose shading

Cons:
1. Have to layer more for pigmentation



Maybelline Fashion Brow 3D Brow and Nose Palette:

This palette comes in two color options which is #Grey and #Brown. I have mine in #Brown. Unlike the above palettes, it actually contains a gel product on the most left and two powders in medium brown and beige. The compact itself does not contain any mirror but a see-through plastic cover. There is also a dual ended brush with an angled brush and a smudge brush. The quality of the brush is about the same as Cathy Doll's, definitely useable. 

I find myself reach for this palette more often, mainly because of the gel product. Gel product tends to last longer and heat resistance as compare to powder. The pigmentation of the gel product is not too intense, thus it is easy to control to amount. While about the powder, there is nothing much special about it. The pigmentation of the powder is a bit off and the beige color is really similar to my original skin tone (My skin tone is around MAC NW25-30). Thus I dont find the beige color useful for shading. I will usually mix the medium brown and beige together for nose shading. 

I bought this from Guardian as well, when it is on 30% offer (RM24.50). The normal price is around RM34.90. I think it is quite expensive if it is purchase under the normal price. If you are interested to buy, I think it is best to wait when it is on offer (do check it with Guardian often as I always see this on offer). 

Pros:
1. Gel for longer lasting
2. Brush is useable

Cons:
1. Does not have a mirror.
2. Not suitable for nose shading (for skin darker than NW25)

Below is the swatches of product on hand:


Oops... I know that it is really hard to see the name thus I'll list it down. 
From the left:
1. Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake (first 2 shades)
2. Cathy Doll Triple Eyebrow Designing (middle 3 shades)
3. Maybelline Fashion Brow 3D Brow and Nose Palette (last 3 shades) 

Conclusion:
It is very hard to choose the best eyebrow palette among this three as they have their own pros and cons. If I would have to own only one, I guess I will choose Maybelline over the others. The reason is that the Maybelline palette contains a gel product. I seldom reach for powder for my eyebrow as I sweat a lot (Malaysia is too hot!). 

To break it down (in different aspect of preferences):
1. Multipurpose: Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake
2. Nose Shading: Cathy Doll Triple Eyebrow Designing 
3. Eyebrow only: Maybelline Fashion Brow 3D Brow and Nose Palette

P/S: As I mention, I dont actually use powder for eyebrow, thus the main reason for me to purchase eyebrow powder palette is for the sake of nose shading. Thus, in my opinion, the final winner is actually Cathy Doll Triple Eyebrow Designing. 

Cheers <3



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram