Review: IOPE New Air Cushion In Natural Glow

11:10

Today is another cushion foundation review (I actually have plenty of them and wonder that if I should do a comparison post first or get it over with individual review first...). 


For your information, IOPE is the very first among all Korean brands that came out with the design of cushion foundation. As for now, cushion foundation has been widely loved by people all around the globe and even the western cosmetic brand also manufacture their own cushion foundation. However, these western cosmetic brand must have their cushion foundation manufacture in Korea as Amore Pacific basically own the pattern. 

Just earlier in 2016, IOPE has renewed its whole Air Cushion line. The formulation, packaging and shades range were upgraded. Although most of the online beauty stores are still selling the old version, I was able to grab a renewal version from Amore Pacific store itself. To be honest, I didnt manage to try the old version at all, thus I am unable to compare the formulation difference between the old and renewal version. But from the packaging itself, I did see some improvement as the compact now is less bulky and the air puff inside is more bouncy. Shades wise, the renewal version offers more shades option. The old version only consists of #13,#21 and #23 while the renewal version consists of #13, #W21, #21, #W23 and #23 (W stands for Warm). 


The case itself is a pearl white case with a silver rim. Different finishes have different colors of rim. If I am not mistaken, the Moisture Lasting has a light blue rim, the Matte Longwear has a white rim while Intense Cover has a gold rim. The mirror inside the cushion compact has relatively become smaller. Like any other cushion, the cushion compact comes with an air puff, and also a sponge that soak with the foundation. As compare with the older version, the air puff is slightly smaller but a lot more bouncy and thick. As you can see from the picture above, the sponge has the surface of a bee hive structure. This bee-hive structure enable the user to have better control on grabbing the amount of foundation with the puff. 

The bee-hive structure and lesser amount of foundation being stamped on the air puff. 


Since it is the Natural Glow finish, this cushion foundation does not provide high coverage. The picture on the left is covered with two light layers while the picture on the right is covered with multiple layers. This is definitely a foundation with low to medium coverage. If you wanted a higher coverage foundation, perhaps you can try the Intense Cover finish. 


This is actually my face without any foundation. I have my eyebrow, eyes and lips makeup done beforehand but there is no primer nor concealer on my face. As you can see, I have some breakouts around my temple, hyperpigmentation around the nose and a pimple by the lower lips. 

I have the foundation on half of my face which is the left side. The breakouts around my temple and the pimple are still visible, but the hyperpigmentation is less visible. 

I have the foundation over my whole face. It has a slight glow on the skin but is not too overly shine. The shade #W23 matches my skintone perfectly after it oxidize. It is indeed very natural looking. The finish is not sticky or tacky like most of the cushion foundation (especially those that provides a dewy glow finish), but it is not powdery as well. It feels like that the foundation adheres the skin very well, almost like a second skin. I didnt apply any primer beneath nor used any powder to set the foundation. 

But because I am heading out to meet up a friend, I have to concealed my imperfections! Hahaha XD. By using the Aritaum Full Cover Stick Concealer in #2 Natural Beige, I covered up the breakouts, pimple and my dark circles, just because the coverage of this foundation is low to medium. If you have flawless skin or a good skin condition, you can totally skip the concealer as the foundation itself is able to evenout the skintone and provides the dewy glow skin. 

It was 11.00am when I first applied the foundation. So now lets check how the foundation works throughot the day.

It is 2.00pm by now. It has been 3 hours since I first applied the foundation. The foundation is still intact on the face pretty well except that my nose has started to turn oily. Do note that I have extremely oily skin on the T-zone and normal to oily skin on the cheeks. The dark circles are more visible, mostly because I put the concealer after the foundation. 
P/S: Concealer is thicker than foundation, thus it should be apply before foundation so that it wont be easily move around and fade away. 

It is 4.00pm by now. It has been 5 hours since I applied the foundation. I didnt apply any touch up, set with powder or blot with tissue papers. The foundation has started to fade due to oil bursting out from my face. Especially the T zone is fading a lot and looking like a grease canvas. I think it is totally acceptable considering I didnt use any primer nor powder.

It is 6.00pm by now, 7 hours after I applied the foundation. I know I started to look like a grease shining ball with all the sebum and oils seeping out from my pores, but I am very surprised by the way the foundation fades. The foundation does not appear to be patchy or creasing in the fine lines. It just fades away beautiful as if the foundation is disappearing without leaving a trace. 


From my Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion review post (if you have not read it, click here), you probably can see that the foundation gets very patchy and cakey by the end of the day. It was extremely ugly. Though Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion claims to be long lasting with its matte finish, it actually starts turning flaky just 4 hours after I applied it. 

Thus the way that this IOPE cushion foundation fades really impressed me. I am liking this so much because I can always use a primer and set it with powder to provide longer lasting effect. Even if I dont do so, I can always layer the touch up on top the foundation as it does not turn cakey. Unlike the matte foundation, once it turns flaky, touching up on top only make things worse. 

Do I enjoy this cushion foundation? Definitely. I am liking this cushion foundation very much as it gives such a natural glow on the skin, wider range of shades, fades beautifully (this is the most crucial aspect I look into when I choose a cushion foundation) and does not feel sticky on the face. It is suitable for dry to normal skin, but as an oily skin user, I like it very much (because I dont really care about the lasting power as I can always touch up my face again). Totally recommend it. 

Repurchase? Yes, but let me finish the refill as well first. 

*Note that in the pictures, I have another really long lasting makeup item as well, which is my lips product. Throughout the review, foundation was not the only makeup that I didnt touch up but as well the lips. The product I am using is Mamonde Creamy Tint Color Balm in #16 Velvet Red. 

Cheers <3












You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Good Eyebrow Designing. Thank you for share your experience with us. I will take lot of experienced from you. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram