Bad experience with SKYNET

04:24

It wasn't the first time that I have purchased something overseas and send back to Malaysia. Tried various courier and this is the most disappointed service that I received from SKYNET ever. I wouldn't say that other couriers are better, they have their weaknesses as well, but not as terrible as what I experienced today.

So the story started back when it was Monday. I have this parcel receiving from overseas. Since I have pact classes, I delivered the parcel under the name of my friend, Yu Jin as she has lesser class and more time at home. The parcel was supposed to send to her unit by Monday noon. Usually the SKYNET courier would send things over by 12pm or latest by 12.30pm, however that day Yu Jin waited and it never came. Since Yu Jin had class at 1pm, she had to go to campus and quit waiting. When she came back, she received a notice from SKYNET said that they came.

Then Yu Jin called to SKYNET to arrange for second delivery and ask for them to deliver on Wednesday. However, for the whole day Yu Jin waited at home, SKYNET never came. Yu Jin called to their reception and what the reception responded was their truck was full and couldn't fit my small little parcel in hence they couldn't send the parcel over by today. The arrangement was made on Monday and only on today after Yu Jin called to inquiry  again about the parcel around 3pm, they declared their truck was full.

Since CNY is around the corner and by next week everyone will be going back home these few days, no one is in KL to pick up the parcel. Then I have decided to take a taxi to go to their branch to pick up the parcel by myself. Their branch is located in Batu Caves. It is in the middle of industrial area and there is no sight of any taxi station around.

When we reached there (the taxi meter showing around RM13.00++), we asked the taxi driver to stay for awhile so that we can hop on the taxi again as soon as we pick up the parcel. The taxi uncle agreed and waited us by the outside.Of course, the taxi meter will be still running. So we went in the branch and handover our notice. The reception told us to wait as she told their staff to look for the parcel.

We waited and waited, after 20mins, my parcel is nowhere to be found. We saw a lot of customers who came later than us but they only have to wait about 5-10mins and they could get their parcel already, We kept asking the reception where is my parcel and she just answered us that they still searching.

After about an hour, the reception said is it okay that we leave first and wait for her to call because they couldn't find my parcel!!!! We said no, we have no other time to come over and if we go back now and come back thereafter, the taxi fee could cost more. However, she kept insist that they couldn't find the parcel for now so if the taxi is still waiting it could be waste of money as well. Then I suggested her that she can send the parcel back to my hometown instead. But then she requested me to head over my hometown's SKYNET office to pick up the parcel than sending over to my house.

When we were in the middle of arguing about the services, a man showed up with angry tone said that the parcel was hidden by a person as that person was holding the parcel with her (not placing it back to the storage.) So my parcel showed up after an hour of hide and seek with their staffs.

They didn't apologize for their bad service and they didn't try to compensate us. I was disappointing with their service because they didn't even know who handle the parcel and the status of the parcel. By the time we get back to Wangsa Maju LRT, the taxi fee was RM39.00 (in the mean time of waiting, the taxi uncle actually shut down the engine and waited with us, if the meter kept running, it could cost more than that. )

The items I purchased overseas was actually RM60 in total. Now adding this special accident, the items actually cost RM 100 (the items were supposed to be a gift, not for my own usage. the person may end up dislike that gift and throw it away. if this really happen, means my RM100 is being thrown into the trash bin T.T). I would definitely reconsider again if I would choose SKYNET as my chosen courier to ship anything.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. totally understand your situation.the delivery man didnt have respect on his own job and indeed irresponsible! but since poslaju doesnt do any better, sometimes i still have to come back to skynet.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram