Physiotherapy in HKL (Part 2)

03:16

Firstly, I didn't plan to post any updates about the physiotherapy because it is a bored and fixed routine. However, I wanted to share about this as this is something different compare to the previous visits. Something so different that the effects are still there even though it has been hours since I finished the treatment.

What is so different compare to the previous visits?
IT IS THE THERAPEUTIC ULTRASOUND!!!

During my first visit, the physiotherapist actually already did it with me once. But I think the physiotherapist previously was just simply get it done and it had no effects at all (I don't even feel a single thing during the treatment of therapeutic ultrasound.).

Since last week the physiotherapist gave me a wrong exercise routine which cause my back pain has gotten more worse and even have two lumps on the back upper part of my pelvis, the another physiotherapist said she wanted to have the therapeutic ultrasound treatment with me. The therapeutic ultrasound treatment is said to have deep penetration of ultrasonic wave towards the tissue.

There are three primary benefits to ultrasound. The first is the speeding up of the healing process from the increase in blood flow in the treated area. The second is the decrease in pain from the reduction of swelling and edema. The third is the gentle massage of muscles tendons and/ or ligaments in the treated area because no strain is added and any scar tissue is softened.

So I was required to lay down on the bed with head facing down. Then the physiotherapist applied a layer of gel on my back thoroughly. The gel is to reduce friction and assist in transmission of ultrasonic waves.  Then she put two square patches which are connected to the machine on my left calf. Afterwards, she started to use a handler that is connected to the machine as well to roll over my back.

I couldn't feel much at first. Then she started to turn the frequency higher and higher. So the feeling came when the frequency became higher. Feel like what? LIKE ELECTRIC CURRENT RUNS THROUGH YOUR BODY!!!

I had experienced electric shock before (like holding the plug and you didn't realize you was actually holding one of the three legs and then you plug in with the switch turn on) and this ultrasound thing feel exactly the same. I tried to endure the pain but the physiotherapist turn the frequency even more high until my whole leg was numb.

She then asked, "Rasa okay ka?" I quickly replied her that my leg is so numb that I couldn't feel it anymore. So she turned the frequency a bit lower and continue to rub over my back. Although the frequency is now lower, but I still feel like electric current overflowing from my back. After about 7-8 mins, the machine started to beep and automatically turned off.

The physiotherapist rubbed off the excess gel from my back and told me that the treatment was done so I can arrange my next appointment and go home. Now there is another problem, my whole back was paralyzed and so did my left legs. I could barely stand up and walk normally. Then she asked, " Macam mana balik?" I answered, "Ambik bas."

The physiotherapist was laughing around and said, " Lain kali ajak kawan datang sama. Bolehlah tolong jaga sikit. " I was just smiling and then quickly get my next appointment done.

Till now I can still feel numbness over my back. It is suppose to stay for a bit but it will help out my back pain that was cause by the wrong exercise. So that it is the ULTRASOUND treatment that freaked me out like experiencing electric shock. What a valuable experience.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram