Visiting Spine and Joint in Great Eastern Mall

07:58

When I was having my intern in Farringdon Group, my supervisor told me about this Spine and Joint and recommended for me. He said he went and it did cure his issue. So after settle things up in Hospital Kuala Lumpur, which I tried physiotherapy and it didn't work, I was thinking perhaps I should try this one instead.

So today I went to this Spine and Joint which located in Great Eastern Mall. I took the Putra LRT to Jelatek station and it took about a 15mins walk from the Jelatek station to reach Great Eastern Mall. Since we reached there quite late, I was so afraid that I couldn't meet up the doctor today and did something to my back. Luckily I was able to meet up the doctor!

After registering, we waited outside for awhile. We didn't come with an appointment so it is expected. After waiting for about 15mins, my name was called and both of us went it together. The doctor first introduced himself, named Kenneth J. Corbett D.C. Then I showed him my MRI report that I took 3 years ago. After looking through the report, he did a check up on me to have a better view on my problem. He also explained the situation to me and then he started to do the chiropractic session with me.

During the chiropractic session (or simply known as adjustment), he will adjust the position of my body accordingly and then apply forces on me. And there the sound like "krak krak krak" of the bones can be heard clearly and loudly. My friend, Cecellia was so fed up with these kind of sounds so she quickly cover her ears and clenched her teeth.

After the chiropractic session, I will have to proceed to the next room which there is a DTS Spinal Decompression Table. I will post up a video on how actually the table look like by the end of this post.

The DTS Spinal Decompression Table is eventually a table that pulls your body apart? Hahahahaha XD Just joking. I was asked to tell the physiotherapist my actual weight and he will adjust the pull force to half of your actual weight. Then I was strapped on the table separating the upper and lower part. He hooked the string to the strap from the machine and there he pressed start. I can't really remember how long it last but there is a 30 seconds gap in every pull (which means pull and let go, pull and let go again.) I was given an alarm button, if I feel any discomfort or pain, I can just press that button and that machine will stop immediately.

The main reason using the DTS Spinal Decompression Table is too unlocked the bones that squeeze hard on the disc. It basically letting the disc to have some space to recover and grow back how it was look like at first.  So it is actually an alternative way to cure slipped disc without surgery (this is what i was told, no guarantee though).

After the DTS session, I will proceed to another room again to put on some vibrator patch on my back, as well as some cold pack to soothed the tension earlier. So after 10mins, this session ended as well and the whole treatment for today had come to an end.

The doctor recommended me to do it twice a week so that it is more effective. So I will be going back for every Wednesday and Friday since I have less class on these days. About the fees, it is quite pricey. From what my supervisor told me previously, it was about RM150 per visit. However the bill for me today is RM380 because it included the consultant fees. If I take it as a plan it will be cheaper because DTS alone is RM220, haven't adding up the chiropractic session. If I take up the plan for 24 times, it will actually cost RM167 per visit, including chiropractic session(total is RM4000). So I am still thinking on it.

I do feel a bit more relax after the whole treatment and I hope that this is gonna work for this time because this is so pricey and if it works, I won't have to undergo surgery, that will be such a relieve! Before ending my post, I would like to thank Cecellia a lot for accompanying me to go because I have been a coward when coming up with the issue on my back pain. Thank you, Cecellia! Muacks!

Below is the video showing how the DTS Spinal Decompression Table look like.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm glad that the treatment went well, JX. It is really important to consult professionals immediately when we feel certain pains in our body, so that it will not get worse. I hope that it is working well for you!


    Jacqueline Hodges @ Dr Koziol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did work well. My pain has lessen by a lot and I can do more activities, sitting longer and walking longer than before. Glad that I tried it.

      Delete
  2. I had my first chiropractor experience about a year ago and I was a little nervous as well. The sound my bones made didn't help. I thought it was going to hurt but it all felt really good. The doctors were so friendly and attentive I tell everyone who is interested to go and try out a session, even if they are not in pain. I am glad this worked for you!

    Prince Baughman @ Everybody's Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been going there for almost a year already. And the treatment really help me out a lot and now I can be more like a normal person without the pain. I did recommend to my friends but they think it is a bit pricey for them. But all I could say is it totally worth the price!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram